Council approved 2017 Research Plan
The research plan, though not a part of the Fish and Wildlife Program, serves as guidance to the federal agencies with legal responsibilities under the Northwest Power Act in implementing the research measures and priorities of the Program.
The Council will, with federal and state fish and wildlife agencies and tribes review and update its research plan every three years, with assistance from the Independent Scientific Review Panel and the Independent Scientific Advisory Board. Each step of this update will include opportunities for public input. Consult the research section of the program for more details.
Steps for Revising the Research Plan
- Jan 2016: ISAB/RP Critical Uncertainties Report on progress toward resolving 2006 Research Plan uncertainties
- Mar 2016: Public comments on ISAB/RP report
- Mar 2016: Notes from meeting with agencies, tribes, other partners seeking input
- Use the report, comments & input to draft revised research plan
- Dec 2016: Review the draft with Council
- Jan 2017: Release draft plan for review, seek comments through March 3
- March 2017: Public comments received
- Revise draft plan
- Council approved revised research plan